We are holding casting calls for two short plays to be performed together in Spring, 2012…
- Sunday - December 11,
- Sunday - December 18,
- Wednesday - December 21, 2011
TIME: 3:00 - 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Downtown, Washington, D.C.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a headshot and resume to receive casting location and timeslot. Mention any time constraints so we can do our best to accommodate you.
Performance dates confirmed so far: March 28, 29, and 31 of 2012
Both scripts have themes of self-exploration, human nature and individual identity. Some male roles could be double-cast if the actors are willing.
Play 1: Lemons by Barry Eitel…Lemons is a comedic examination of human nature, capitalism, and the American economic recession through the metaphor of a lemonade stand.
Characters: (actual actor age less important than ability to portray nature of character)
- Joe - middle-aged, owner of Joe’s Lemonade Stand (a self-made and self-centered man, and the archetypical capitalist and ‘bad boss’)
- Briefcase - a businessperson, wears suit and carries a briefcase (aloof yuppy, works for ‘The Man’)
- Conner - young man looking for a job he deserves, but - in this economy - just needs to pay his bills
Play 2: Lost Belonging AKA The Facebook Play by Jennifer Berry…Who are we? Half choreopoem and half experimental theatre, “The Facebook Play” is an exploration of human communication, sexuality, and personal identity in the era of social media.
Characters:(actors with some dance experience or who have good movement ability preferred)
- Boy - 17 to 25 (or look like it)
- Girl - 17 to 25 (or look like it)
- Man - mid-thirties to 50 (or able to play it)
- Woman - mid-thirties to 50 (or able to play it)
Email headshot and resume to email@example.com
*This is a non-paying gig. We will provide food and negotiate transportation reimbursement for rehearsals and shows.
...But, it’s also an opportunity to do an interesting project and perform something completely new! (As well as be part of something special…and dolce.)