The 2nd Dolce Revolution Project will be a multi-setting mixed-media performance at The Arts Club of Washington's historic Monroe House.
The ability to move well is important for all roles, so dance experience is helpful but not required.
Wednesday March 6th, 3 - 7pm
Wednesday March 13th, 3 - 7pm
Additional dates/times may be added.
To schedule an audition, please email email@example.com with a headshot and resume (or a picture and brief description of your prior experience).
Actors will have the option of a 1-2 minute prepared monologue or a cold-reading. While unpaid, there will be a small stipend after the performances. Transportation reimbursement is also possible.
- The Event Planner/Morpheus (MALE or FEMALE, any age): an androgynous and ethereal character who plays 'host' to the evening, but is also a spiritual entity that goes between dimensions/time.
- The Bride (FEMALE, 20-35): statuesque, elegant woman who is conflicted on the evening of her wedding...dance experience helpful.
- The Groom/'The Self' (MALE, 20-35): debonaire, intelligent man who is in love with his bride-to-be, but who also has a past...
- Best man/'The Shadow' (MALE, 20-35): clever, funny and a little hard-edged...exudes sexuality and wants a carefree lifestyle.
- The Three Goddesses (FEMALE, 20-65+): THREE different women to play goddesses, each representing a different Chakra, as well as mother, daughter, and wife.
- Anima (MALE, 20-35): represents femininity and all its mysteries and allows a man to relate with or understand women.
- Animus (FEMALE, 20-35): the same as Anima - with gender roles reversed.
- Piano Player (MALE, any age): must be able to play for up to 90 minutes from sheet music while occasionally interacting with audience members - ideally we are looking for 'Sam' from Casablanca, but are somewhat flexible with the character.
Thank you for your interest! Like The DRP on Facebook! Or follow us on Twitter!
We look forward to seeing you! Be you. Be dolce.